CAREGIVER FOR ADULT
Location : Ellicott City, MD
Job Type : Temporary Hire
Compensation : 17.50 USD/HOUR
Start Date : 12/20/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : • High school diploma or equivalent and must be at least 21 years old. AA Degree is preferred.
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Healthcare - Other
Job Description :
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participation in the development of the IP and Behavior Plans for each of the individuals in the house and implementing and documenting the portion of the plan(s) related to the individual in the residential program.
Providing guidance to the individuals in the house to ensure the following:
- That the house, the appliances, the vehicles and the equipment are safe, operational and in good working order.
- That the individuals are engaged in meaningful activities that address the outcomes in their IPs.
- That the fundamental rights of each adult in the house are protected.
- Supervising and assisting the individuals in the house with menus, food preparation, housekeeping, personal care, laundry and other activities of daily living.
- Planning and coordinating appropriate leisure, social and daily living activities in the residence and in the community. This includes transporting the individuals to and from their destinations. These activities also include shopping trips and medical, dental and mental health appointments.
- During medical, dental and mental health appointments, the Residential Assistant is an agent of Linwood and will exchange appropriate and accurate information with the healthcare professional and interact with the pharmacist to obtain medications. The Residential Assistant shall be trained by the nursing staff commissioned by Linwood and will carry out duties as a Certified Medication Technician delegated by the nurses as prescribed by the Board of Nursing and DDA.
- Assuming responsibility for the individuals in the house during the day when they are unable to attend the day program (e.g. for illness, inclement weather, closings, etc.). The supervisor will make every effort to arrange coverage, however, the final responsibility rests on the residential staff.
- Meeting deadlines and completing all necessary paperwork, in conjunction with the House Manager. This includes quarterly reports, monthly reports, fire drill records, attendance records, weight charts, house receipts, daily log book, etc.
- When directed by the House Manager, the Residential Assistant will be required to attend and participate in clinical meetings and medication reviews.
- Accounting for money that belongs to the individuals per Linwood’s policy and procedure regarding the Protection of Finances and Personal Property.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High school diploma or equivalent and must be at least 18 years old. AA Degree is preferred.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of fundamental rights and self-determination and assure that the adult individuals in the house are afforded these rights.
- Must demonstrate energy, enthusiasm, patience and compassion.
- A skill set that includes the ability to interface in a professional manner with Linwood staff, parents, employers and other professionals.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
Required Qualifications :
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, and various forms of technology or controls. The employee must be able to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, run or crawl. The employee must have the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- The employee must be able to work under regular, moderate levels of stress and must be able to regularly lift and move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to pass the physical and academic portions of the behavior support and intervention training.